Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Homemade Pasta....Finally!

Well, it's day 6 and I finally made pasta.  I also made bread and rolls today but since that is my usual fare, I'm not cheating and counting it.  I was worried I wouldn't have time but threw caution to the wind and did it anyway and it was SO worth it.  Wow...what a difference from store pasta.  Sure, it wasn't perfectly cut and it was a little thicker than I would have liked it to have been but overall, it was a darn good first pasta dough attempt.  I was so inspired seeing my little ball of dough resting on the counter that I made a cherry tart for dessert.  It was a good dinner.


So, obviously this is not my plate because it is covered in meat sauce but Troy was nice enough to let me snap a picture after being so patient already waiting for me to make and then cook the pasta.  I used the recipe on the back of the semolina flour bag which you can find if you follow this link.

It was just a nice dinner before heading out to get a massage to try fix all these knots I call muscles.  But that subject might require another blog all it's own... 

No comments:

Post a Comment