Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dough Challenge - day 2

Although I had a few ideas in mind, I decided to wait until tonight and make an easy loaf.  Not an everyday bread, but something simple and comforting.  I came across this Sweet Honey French Loaf recipe and decided to adapt it to non-bread machine use.  I kept all of the ingredients the same, but first used the honey and water to proof my yeast and then add the other ingredients.  It was a very soft looking dough, nice and stretchy like you'd expect a french bread to be.  Then I let it rise about 45 minutes, and then shaped it into a loaf pan and baked it at 375 for about 25 minutes.  It is a perfect, small sized and I can't wait to taste it!  It smells wonderful!

In looking into recipes, I've stumbled across several blogs that talk about a BBA challenge, or Bread Bakers Apprentice challenge.  It made me really consider whether or not to get this book...hmmm....  But, for now, I'm off until day 3 of my personal challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment