Monday, March 22, 2010

Bread, and more Bread

Today was bread making day for the week and of course my first batch of whole wheat just fell flat. I have been struggling with the freshly milled wheat flour and today was not an exception. I tried a new recipe and was so excited when I saw the first rise really rise. But, my excitement was short lived as it fell flat. I think it overproofed, but it still smelled heavenly!
Either way, we still needed bread for the week and I had to make another batch. This worked out better but it was a mix of whole wheat and bread flour and I used a tried and true Betty Crocker recipe to ensure we had bread to eat!! It was a perfectly browned loaf so I had to snap a pic.

My goal this week is to make some artisan bread - just need to find the right recipe. Enjoy the bread pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment