Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baking Mood

I don't know what it is about rainy days but they always make want to bake! So, with the daycare kids settled in having a movie morning - Princess and the Frog is a big hit! So this morning I decided to make a Blueberry Cream Cheese Tart.

First, I made a basic cookie tart with:
1 1/2 cups flour (I used whole wheat but any kind would work)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup softened butter
1 egg

I pressed it into a 9 inch pie plate and then baked it at 400F for about 10 minutes.


Then I softened 3 oz of cream cheese and mixed 2 T of sugar. I folded in about 1/4 cup of whipped cream into the mix.

After the crust cooled, I poured the cream cheese mixture into the crust and put in the refrigerator.






While it was cooling, I made the blueberry pie filling:

4 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
1 c. sugar
3 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg
1 c. water

Mix dry ingredients in saucepan. Add water gradually. Bring to a boil, add blueberries and cook 3 or 4 minutes until clear and thickened, stirring constantly but carefully to prevent berries from crushing. Remove from heat, cool (Recipe adapted from Cooks.com)

After the blueberry pie filling cooled, I poured it on top of the cream cheese inthe crust. Doesn't that look yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment