Friday, May 24, 2013

Back to Normal

Today, for the first time in awhile, I'm feeling okay.  Just content and at peace.  It's a lovely feeling.  I don't know where all of the chaos of my feelings from yesterday came from, I only know they came crashing on me at the wrong time, in the wrong moment, and I couldn't support them all anymore.  I just let them fall.  And, maybe that's the secret to my peacefulness today.  Letting go of all of the stuff that no longer matters and stop trying to make sense of things that have no explanation.  Whatever the reason, I'm thankful.  The kids and I had one of the best mornings here.  We watched Finding Nemo and just enjoyed this rainy Friday morning.  Now they're all crashed out on nap mats (well, most of them are anyway) and I am stealing a few moments to blog when I should be catching up on paperwork.  It is Friday after all.

Tonight we're taking the boy and his friend who is a girl but kinda is dating out to dinner.  Whew.  That's a mouthful.  I guess we can shorten it to girlfriend but don't tell him you heard that from me.  I am trying to be decidedly hands off on any comments or conversation about her.  They went to her prom and her parents seem very nice and they have known each other awhile because they work together.  It seems good.  So, nothing from mom to jinx things.  :)  We're going to Texas Roadhouse so it's salad and sweet potato for this girl.  Oh, and a yeast roll.  Or two.  Those things are seriously addictive.

So, weekend plans?  I have none.  Except to finish the deck staining and wrap up menu and food buying for the boy's graduation party next weekend. It feels good to be facing a 3 day weekend of no real plans.  I am hoping for some good running!  Cooler temps and 3 days with the hubby sounds perfect.   What about you?  Any plans.

I'm working on some themed post ideas.  I know I am deviating a bit from homemade when I venture into budgeting, home management and other things like that but I think it can be helpful. And really, a homemade life focuses on being self-sufficient, right?  So, that's what I'm working on here...that and checking out race calendars to find a way to spend some $.  I'm thinking it might be time to pick a race.  A whole year with no races seems so long...

Sheri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment