Saturday, March 30, 2013

One month to go for the wedding - and it's time for the Bridal Shower!

I can't believe that in less than one month my daughter will be getting married.  It just seems unreal sometimes.  But me and my trusty wedding planning binder are hard at work, getting the details just so and making sure that whatever my daughter and her fiancee want gets accomplished.  I am outsourcing very little of the day, trusting friends to handle the important jobs of the day and I was jokingly telling a friend that "this is the wedding that friends made happen." Because it is.  I have learned through this process that I am blessed with some of the most spectacular friends ever and they rock.  I know that my daughter's big day is in some capable hands!

But for now, we celebrate the bridal shower...

1-139

1-119 1-1221-1181-127

What a fantastic evening watching my daughter laugh, open gifts and remind me once again of how much I love her and what a lovely woman she has become.  I am blessed.  And I'm enjoying every extra second I get with her now.  He's a lucky guy.  :)

The shower menu:

  • Strawberries with sweetened cream cheese piped in the center

  • Chicken salad croissant sandwiches

  • Pasta Salad

  • Veggie tray and dip

  • The Cake.  Yes, it is supposed to be a hydrangea and I'm kinda loving how it looked.  And it was a 4 layer, vanilla bean cake with buttercream and raspberry filling.  It took 3 days.


I am so lucky to have some help decorating the house too...my daughter's maid of honor made this cute banner with her wedding colors in it to decorate....

1-142

I'm searching for a way to work it into the wedding decorations because it is so awesome looking!

So, it's a short post, but it's a post, and I promised.  Enjoy the cuteness!

Sheri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment